Product Recovery and Purification
Achieving fully-integrated biomanufacturing
Our recovery and purification methods help realize a product in a specification that is amenable to real-world applications.
Our methods include:
- Continuous centrifugation
- Multiple tangential flow membrane filtration systems
- Counter-current chromatography
- Simulated moving bed chromatography
- Liquid-liquid extraction system
The Agile BioFoundry provides multiple alternatives for downstream separation and purification steps. Additionally, in situ product recovery systems aim to reduce product toxicity in bioreactors, enabling higher product titers and productives.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory